Is THIS Japan?!?

03/14/201821 Comments

The eye of the camera is determining what you see and what you do not see, whether you know it or not. Don’t let the media frame your understanding of the world…or at least be conscious of the fact that they are framing the world for you. Oh, and enjoy these images of the sunny climes of western Japan from The Corbett Report’s 2009 Video Archive DVD!

Watch this video on BitChute / DTube / Minds.com / YouTube

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedintumblrmail

Filed in: Videos
Tagged with:

Comments (21)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. immersionist says:

Charming and artistically pleasing. My curiosity stimulated. Well done James.

• marvin says:

here is another view of Japan from a nearby location in western Japan:
      We are building a resilient community and welcome people who are interested in a a DIY life based on self sufficiency in food and energy production. We are Renaissance……………………..

2. Dacajeweiah says:

Excellent point! And a funny after-credit scene at the end there.

3. HomeRemedySupply says:

Great humor. Great points. Great videos of Japan.

– A Concept and its Relative Importance Revived for me personally –
    From this video and the previous Derrick Broze video, I reflected again at some concepts which we all know. Discussed were ideas about “the media”, “perspectives”, etc.

– Cause –
    An important scenario which James and others have often brought up is how “The Alternative Media” and “MainStreamMedia” and “Trolls” and “The Powers That Should Not Be” shape the narrative, (focus attention on a topic), (direct attention).

Example – When there is a school shooting, there is a deliberate “causation” to direct people’s attention to the shooting and also to the “conspiracy stories/theories surrounding it”. If we follow their “cause”, it makes us victims of their manipulation.

On the other hand, if we choose not to follow their line of discourse but rather make our own line of discourse, then we are at cause.

Another example – In the early days of the 9/11 Truth Movement, we were cause. We shaped the narrative. We shaped the topic. In the beginning, the media tried very hard to ignore it or ridicule it. There was a broad organic grassroots movement to expose the lies of the official story and to get the word out. Many, many people were activists. Some great marches and visibility.
    —>5 minute video by The Corbett Report with 3 million views – 9/11: A Conspiracy Theory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuC_4mGTs98

Regarding the 9/11 Truth Movement, however, we saw the trolls come and the infiltrators come with “weird controversial divisive ideas” and also a dispersal of focus onto other topics, and, in addition there was a lack of the Alternative Media reporting about the grassroots activists who were trying to get the word out. The Alternative Media just stopped focusing on those who were visibly getting the word out…and now rarely do you see activists visibly getting the word out.

We can cause the narrative. Something we all know. But it struck me again. This is important.

We are our own leaders.
    an– “without” + arkhos “leader”\
    Anarchy.

4. pearl says:

Such a simple yet profound illustration, one I’ll always remember.

And a visual treat to boot! Thank you! A lovely culture, and beautiful people. Great music, too – somewhat reminiscent of Ennio Morricone. This is a gem!

5. ashley says:

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.” -Stephen Hawking

6. dwayner says:

Aw, James, we were just concerned that you might be living in a concrete jungle with no trees, because we love you! :-)) We were just hoping that you were getting enough green moments…

I don’t think any of us Corbetteers jump to the conclusion that any one little vid or image portrays a real situation or country. I am reminded how when someone looks at my photo albums they always say wow, you and your family look so happy! And I say, that’s because we always make sure we say “cheez” when a picture is snapped. One never gets the whole situation from a captured moment. (Unless that moment is captured by an artist of great skill…)

I have always had a fascination for Japan and its people. I have discovered the Japanology series on (sniff) ThemTube, and I have found it to be very informative and entertaining in so many ways. They cover all the expected subjects like tea, cherry blossoms and kimonos, but also satoyama farming communities, shinkasen rail travel, and the Tokyo tech district. They often show how natural disasters have shaped the psychology of the people, and look at many aspects of youth culture, eg: cram school, music, anime, and clothing styles. The hosts are westerners who speak fluent Japanese and have lived in Japan for decades, and have a great appreciation for the diversity of people and subjects that make the country what it is.

I understand, through my own experiences first and secondhand, that countries are never the government, and almost never the media. My daughter lived in Israel for 5 years and is fluent in Hebrew, and she says the world has it soooo wrong about what that country is like. We on the outside really have no idea. And their government, like all governments, does not speak for the people, even though government is all you hear about on the news.

I know, James, your point is an important one, and well taken. We who follow you… well, DO follow you in this. If we remain open minded and keep the larger perspective, we will know the truth, AS ALWAYS.

Blessings to you, your wife and children.
    Teresa

7. VoltaicDude says:

Wow – Japan! I’ve always wanted to go!

Cool video James. Or rather, cool videos – more like two videos in one.

Part 1) If that can happen with a video like this, then…?”

Nicely done; then the video seemed to be ending with a view of a wheat field (Was that rice?).

Then Part 2) Cool juxtapositions of scenes from Japan, with a great soundtrack (Japanese Fleetwood Mac came to mind – what can I say? Perhaps I have a limited set of associations.)

I definitely enjoyed the trip(s)!

8. marvin says:

here is another view of Japan from a nearby location in western Japan:

9. HomeRemedySupply says:

I just received this email BULLETIN from Ae911truth.org ( http://www.ae911truth.org/ )…

Earlier this week, Richard Gage’s 2014 C-SPAN interview surpassed one million views on CSPAN.org, cementing its place as the network’s most-watched video of all time.

Gage’s 40-minute appearance on C-SPAN’s Washington Journal has dwarfed all other videos, receiving 150,000 more views than the second-ranked video and nearly twice as many views as the fourth highest video, a 1994 press conference with Hillary Clinton on the Whitewater investigation.

The interview’s massive reach, both on CSPAN.org and across the Internet, is a testament to the hard work and dedication of hundreds of thousands of activists. It’s also a stark reminder of the disconnect between the public’s continued yearning for the truth about 9/11 and the media’s resolute avoidance of the issue. In the few instances where the media has covered 9/11 Truth seriously, the public has shown tremendous interest….

CSPAN VIDEO – https://www.c-span.org/video/?320748-5/washington-journal-architects-engineers-911-truth&start=0

10. candlelight says:

Let’s just say that we won’t be finding James’ neighborhood featured anytime soon in any glossy travel brochures! But, yes, James’ neighborhood is Japan, every bit as much as any other country’s drab suburban environment constitutes a certain aspect of its reality. But, obviously, James’ point in the general sense, of how our reality is cherry picked is, of course, a truism. What’s fascinating about this manipulative cherry picking, aka brainwashing, is just how fully, and unbelievably effective and Orwellian it has become! Smooth, ubiquitous, well oiled. In plain sight and unknown.

11. HomeRemedySupply says:

Taking Corbett’s advice: “Shape the Narrative”.

Well, today I was off work. I had a big lineup of chores and projects, including the garden and updating the Dallas Fluoride website.
    But Regina, Dallas Anti-Fluoride champion, sends me a recent article about the water in Plano, TX written by Activist Erin Brockovich (once played by Julia Roberts in the film version).
    Article – https://www.facebook.com/ErinBrockovichOfficial/posts/10160152296765494

Since I live in this suburban water district, I sent a copy of the article link to local newspaper reporters. A little while later, I receive an email from a reporter. She asked me to call her. I did.

We talk. She asks me questions. I explained that my degree is in the Environmental Sciences which includes Biology, Chemistry, Toxicology, Water Treatment, Soil Science, etc.

At one point, she asks: “Should people be worried or scared about their water?”
    I responded, “It goes further than that. People need to learn not to trust authority figures, whether it be politicians, agencies, the government or the water district. People need to do their homework – not depend upon some authority.” And she chimes in with some examples of how government messed up.

I gotta shake my head in sadness at the education system. This young reporter just couldn’t grasp what Erin Brockovich was saying. I would explain it repeatedly in simpler and simpler renditions, then she would try to retell it to me to see if she got it correctly. Each time, her statement of Erin’s article was way off. A wreck. Finally, I think she got it when I made the following rendition: “As an example, you have a big jug of water in the kitchen. You drop in a piece of fruit and let it rot for a month. In a month you will have this gooey slime. Then pour in some Chlorox bleach (chlorine) which will kill the bacteria critters. Now drink it. That is what is coming out of the faucet.”

Anyway, it felt good to stir things up.

• regina.i says:

I am very happy Erin Brockovich brought some attention to the tap water in the North Texas Area!

Go to http://www.DallasForSaferWater.com and you will see YEARS of attempts to alert the public and the officials about the serious concerns with the drinking water.

HomeRemedySupply gives a sad example of some of what we are up against!! But he and others are committed to “keepin on!” THANK Goodness!!

Thank You Mr Corbett for ALL you do you are one of my Heroes!!

• candlelight says:

Thanks HomeRemedy for the CSPAN & Brockovich links. Fascinating that
      she’s still active and has her finger on the pulse, my goodness. So, it’s come down to us not only being careful not to drink the Kool-Aid of official accounts and other fairy tales, but, the freaking water, as well…. A plumber in NY once told me that if I ever saw the inside of one of those big pipes that deliver the municipal water to the tap, he guaranteed I’d never, ever drink it. After reading the link you provided, those plumber’s words ring truer than ever!

Very, very gratifying to see Gage on CSPAN. The obfuscation and misleading narrative of the water authority of Plano, Texas reminds one of NIST, and the patently absurd narrative they cleverly brought forth, with the cozy help of iconic publications such as Popular Mechanics – a childhood favorite – for the lay John Q. Public to absorb, denying the fact that those towers were, in actuality, literally blown to smithereens before a mesmerized population well conditioned to accept and believe as if gospel, every last authoritative word put before them. Notwithstanding the general public’s overall ignorance, and apathetical interest in anything other than the next new meaningless and contrived distraction, it would be heartening were Gage’s interview to gain some traction for, what has for a number of years now, had the feeling of a graying and tiring, obsolescent truth movement. Does it not boggle the mind, though, to imagine over 2200 engineers and architects putting their professional careers on the line to state and declare in an informed and learned fashion what otherwise should be so very clearly obvious about the real fate of those buildings on that disastrous day? Yet, unfathomably , for the vast, vast majority, such a conversation still remains inexplicably and utterly mute. Absolutely mind boggling. A testament, indeed, to the very greatest and blackest psychological operation the world has ever witnessed, yet one that steadfastly remains effectively unacknowledged!

Though, to perhaps posit a lighter note, concerning the filtering of water and the filtering of the truth: If public water supplies were filtered with the same determined intention and with the same amount of time, money, expertise and coordinated intelligent effort as government agencies expend to ensure that any and all information we receive is properly filtered and insularly safe to disseminate (for them, obviously), then, if that were the case, our water supply, by Jove!, would be sparklingly and deliciously clean and quite healthy for all to drink!…. May we all stop for a brief moment to concentrate and hope for that to happen!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all!

• HomeRemedySupply says:

A plumber in NY once told me that if I ever saw the inside of one of those big pipes that deliver the municipal water to the tap, he guaranteed I’d never, ever drink it. – Candlelight

(By the way, Candlelight, your writing skills are impressive. Professional. Your keystrokes communicate extremely well.)

• john.o says:

I agree! Nice prose. Easy on the ears eyes and brain! – except for the message of course.

Keep it coming!

• candlelight says:

Well, I thank you Home Remedy and John.o for your kind responses.
          Although you put a feather in my cap, Home Remedy, implying my writing has a professional feel, I am by no means a professional, and it’s funny your use of the word keystroke, because if anyone out there happened to have had both access to the spying tool, keystroke logger, and my laptop, they would have had no trouble understanding why those few paragraphs took me until 4am in the morning to write! But, be that as it may, I certainly thank you for the sentiment!
          And turning to John.o, yes, I think maybe I will keep it coming, that is, if I can keep the prose soft and the message hard. You’re very encouraging, and I think I’ll take you up on it! Only, believe me, it’s a bit difficult to even know where to start!…. Yet, to be continued.
          Thank you both, again.

• HomeRemedySupply says:

Erin Brockovich update – coming to North Texas April 5th
      (scroll down webpage, just below “Fluoride Action Network”)

12. scpat says:

7:02

Haha. Very Japanese and Anime style.

13. shanbos says:

As David Icke says, the whole thing is a perception deception!
    Plain & Simple