The Corbett Report
23 March, 2011
Here are some online resources related to the nuclear crisis unfolding at the Fukushima Nuclear Reactor in Japan and its radioactive effects. Please contact me if you know of any other valuable online resources that could be added to this list.
News and Information
- Kyodo News – Nuclear crisis – The latest news and information in English on the nuclear crisis from the Kyodo news service.
- NHK World English – Video and text news reports from Japan’s national broadcaster in English.
- World Nuclear News – A nuclear event news website with extensive Fukushima coverage recommended by Dr. Najmedin Meshkati.
Information From Japanese Government (in English)
- Information about 2011 Tohoku – Pacific Ocean Earthquake – Includes information on radioactivity from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
- Information for Foreigners on 2011 Tohoku-Pacific Ocean Earthquake – Links to various Japanese government agencies and other official sources of information on the crisis.
- Environmental Radioactivity and Radiation Information – Realtime radiation data collected via the System for Prediction of Environment Emergency Dose Information(SPEEDI)
- Reading of Environmental Radioactivity Level – Supplied by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan, this resource includes links to readings of radioactivity by prefecture.
- Japan Radiation Counters Map – Independent radiation monitoring around Japan compiled by RDTN.org.
- Monitored data on environmental radiation levels in Tokyo – Provided by the Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Public Health.
- Fukushima radioactivity readings – Updated daily, provided by NHK.
- Earthquake and nuclear crisis in Japan – Information on radioactivity from Fukushima crisis by the French IRSN.
- Radioactivity Air Sampling in California – Provided by the UC Berkeley Nuclear Engineering Department.
- Online Geiger Counter Nuclear Radiation Detector Map – A map of online geiger counter readings in North America.
- Iodine-131 dispersion models – Click around on site for Cesium-137 and Xenon-133 dispersion models.
Filed in: Articles